2010 Fitness Challenge
Participants received pledges of support and trained toward a maximum effort that was put to the test and showcased on Saturday, Oct. 30, at Blacksburg Health and Fitness at the Weight Club. The Fitness Challenge raised close to $5000 for the Humane Society of Montgomery County.
Organizer Kurt Weidner, WNBF professional bodybuilder and personal trainer, combined his passion for health and fitness with his interest in animal welfare to create this exciting event.
“My goal for the Fall Fitness Challenge was to provide gym members an opportunity to challenge themselves, to inspire other members toward greater personal goals, and to raise money for an important cause using economic incentives to push our limits,” Weidner said.
Accomplishments from the event included:
- JoungHyun Choi- 22 pull-ups
- Ellen Cianelli – ran 30 laps
- David Clark – 86 push-ups
- Matthew Gonzalez – deadlift 315 for 16 reps
- Juliet Gotthardt – squat 155 lbs. for 13 reps
- Cortney Martin – max bench press of 130 lbs.
- Liz Ruckman – deadlift 90 lbs for 40 reps, squats 95 lbs for 15 reps
- Linda Srygley – 209 sit-ups
- Mario Travis – 36 pull-ups
- Vaughan Twigger – 850 lb. tire flip 11 times
- Kurt Weidner – Deadlift 405 for 32 reps, 850 lb. tire flip 14 times